Kevin Kroger (USGS Woods Hole); Jianwu Tang (Marine Biological Lab/Brown Univ.); Serena Moseman-Valtierra (Univ. of Rhode Island); Stephen Emmett-Mattox (Restore America’s Estuary); Mark Green (Plymouth State Univ., NH); Ruth Yanai (SUNY ESF); Arindam Chowdhury (FIU); Gail Hollander (FIU); Pallab Mozumder (FIU); David Bray (FIU); Kenneth Feeley (FIU); Leonard Scinto (FIU); Shahid Hamid (FIU); Keqi Zhang (FIU); Shaolei Ren (FIU); S.S. Iyengar (FIU); Sartaj Sahni (Univ. of Florida); My Thai (Univ. of Florida); Manhar Dhanak (Florida Atlantic Univ., FAU); P. Ananthakrishnan (FAU); John Callaway (Univ. of San Francisco); Jim Morris (Univ. of South Carolina); Patrick Megonigal (Smithsonian Institution, DC); Richard Ambrose (Univ. of California, LA); Nathan Mantua (NOAA Fisheries, CA); Katherine W. Myers (Univ. of Washington, Seattle); Efi Foufoula-Georgiou (Univ. of Minnesota); Heinz Stefan (Univ. of Minnesota); John Nieber (Univ. of Minnesota); Shuguang Liu (USGS EROS); Don H. Burn (Univ. of Waterloo, Canada); Randall Peterman (Simon Fraser University, Canada).
- Mentor and collaborator for the Miami Northwestern Senior High School teachers/students, sharing cutting-edge research with the high school students to promote STEM career through an integration of research and education.
- Guest lecturer for the MIAMI PREP Summer Program, one of the best
STEM camps in the south Florida region
- Invited member of the ‘Tidal wetland carbon sequestration and greenhouse gas emissions model’ working group of the National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis (NCEAS), University of California, Santa Barbara, 2010-2011.
- Invited member of the ‘Reader Advisory Panel’ of NATURE, 2008-2010.
- Reviewer: NSF Proposal Review Process; Water Resources Research (AGU), Journal of Water Resources Planning and Management (ASCE), Natural Hazards Review (ASCE), Ecological Engineering (Elsevier), Water Research (Elsevier), Ecological Modelling (Elsevier), Journal of Environmental Management (Elsevier), Applied Water Science (Springer), Environmental Management (Springer), Urban Water Journal (Taylor and Francis).
- Member: American Geophysical Union, 2007 – present; American Society of Civil Engineers, 2006 – present; Ecological Society of America, 2007 – present; American Ecological Engineering Society (AEES),
2014 – present.
- Organizer: Fall 2006 and Fall 2007 seminar series at the Saint Anthony Falls Laboratory. Responsible for planning, inviting and communicating with the speakers, and maintaining the seminar schedules.